Andermatt PHP (Pty) Ltd is delighted to announce that Dr Justin Hattingh has joined our Research team.
ANDERMATT PHP is looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER to join our team
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The product manager is responsible for the oversight and development of assigned products to meet short, mid and long term financial goals. The product manager provides input for the market position and technical development of the products to support the implementation of sales strategies by Distributing ABC Companies. The role implies a close cooperation with sales/marketing, regulatory, technical and production personnel to enhance business opportunities via product applications, meeting customer expectations and solving technical problems. The product manager is also responsible for the strategic development of the products and provides information for long-term planning and strategic decision-making.
Management: Responsible for the product management of
assigned products to meet global needs.
- Developing business plans for approval.
- Accountable for implementing, monitoring and reviewing the business plan activity through a multi discipline approach to ensure all activity is undertaken with care, quality, within budget and on time delivery.
- Assisting Distributing ABC Companies with product launches and on-going marketing/technical support including training, support with field days, key customer visits, literature preparation and other marketing inputs.
- Specific responsibility for field trials coordination, GAP preparation and IP management.
- Market knowhow and business strategy: Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and developments that affect the market for the products.
- Customer needs: Working with Distributing ABC Companies, to understand customer needs and ensure the development of effective products and services. Consolidate information concerning product performance, customer expectation, intelligence on competitors and trigger product modification through life cycle management.
- Forecasting and production scheduling: Liaising with Distributing ABC Companies and manufacturing sites. Provide up-to-date, accurate forecasting to allow appropriate production planning.
- Transfer Pricing: provide transfer pricing for the Distributing ABC Companies.
Ideally a background in areas including; product management, agronomy, and/or development and use of biological control measures;
Excellent communication, presentation, numeracy and computer literacy skills;
Professional communication experience;
Good people skills and willingness to work closely with multiple distributing ABC companies;
Excellent organisational skills;
Willingness and ability to organise, contribute to and run product training and workshops; and
Good understanding of statistics, statistical analysis and data presentation.
Minimum of a post-graduate qualification in a biological or agricultural related field.
Should you meet the above criteria, please send your current CV (not more than 3 pages) with motivating letter to Matt.Janks@andermatt-php.co.za. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.
What is biocontrol?
Biological control (biocontrol) is an environmentally sound method of controlling or suppressing pests and diseases using their naturally-occurring enemies or biological antagonists. These living organisms may be predators (predatory mites, ladybirds etc), parasitoids (wasps etc) or microbes (fungi, bacteria or viruses). Biological control is an important component of integrated pest management (IPM) programs. Biocontrol products are usually referred to as biofungicides or bioinsecticides, depending on the target organism.
What are bioinoculants and biofertilizers?
These terms are generally used interchangeably to refer to products containing beneficial bacteria, fungi and other natural substances that can be added to the soil to improve or maintain the growth of plants or the productivity of the soil. These are often naturally-occurring organisms and compounds that have been depleted from the soil as a result of modern farming practices. Biofertilizers and bioinoculants perform a broad range of functions, including the fixation of nutrients, protection from pathogens, production of bioactive compounds. The microorganisms in these products often colonize the plant’s roots and promote growth by increasing the supply or availability of nutrients to the host plant.
WHY CHOOSE BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS?
- Environmentally Friendly
- Benefits crop quality
- Useful as a stand alone solution or as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programme
- No chemical residues or withholding periods
- Non-toxic and safe for workers and consumers
- Minimal effect on non-target organisms
Cavity spot caused by Pythium spp. is a significant disease in carrots, reducing harvest quality and resulting in major losses. Eco-T was tested for control of Pythium in carrots in the Western Cape, South Africa.Soil drench applications of Eco-T were compared to a standard registered fungicide and an untreated control. Eco-T treatment significantly reduced Pythium disease incidence and performed as well as the chemical fungicide. In addition, Eco-T treatment increased yield at harvest in comparison to the untreated control and the chemical fungicide.