ANDERMATT PHP is looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER to join our team
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The product manager is responsible for the oversight and development of assigned products to meet short, mid and long term financial goals. The product manager provides input for the market position and technical development of the products to support the implementation of sales strategies by Distributing ABC Companies. The role implies a close cooperation with sales/marketing, regulatory, technical and production personnel to enhance business opportunities via product applications, meeting customer expectations and solving technical problems. The product manager is also responsible for the strategic development of the products and provides information for long-term planning and strategic decision-making.
Management: Responsible for the product management of
assigned products to meet global needs.
- Developing business plans for approval.
- Accountable for implementing, monitoring and reviewing the business plan activity through a multi discipline approach to ensure all activity is undertaken with care, quality, within budget and on time delivery.
- Assisting Distributing ABC Companies with product launches and on-going marketing/technical support including training, support with field days, key customer visits, literature preparation and other marketing inputs.
- Specific responsibility for field trials coordination, GAP preparation and IP management.
- Market knowhow and business strategy: Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and developments that affect the market for the products.
- Customer needs: Working with Distributing ABC Companies, to understand customer needs and ensure the development of effective products and services. Consolidate information concerning product performance, customer expectation, intelligence on competitors and trigger product modification through life cycle management.
- Forecasting and production scheduling: Liaising with Distributing ABC Companies and manufacturing sites. Provide up-to-date, accurate forecasting to allow appropriate production planning.
- Transfer Pricing: provide transfer pricing for the Distributing ABC Companies.
Ideally a background in areas including; product management, agronomy, and/or development and use of biological control measures;
Excellent communication, presentation, numeracy and computer literacy skills;
Professional communication experience;
Good people skills and willingness to work closely with multiple distributing ABC companies;
Excellent organisational skills;
Willingness and ability to organise, contribute to and run product training and workshops; and
Good understanding of statistics, statistical analysis and data presentation.
Minimum of a post-graduate qualification in a biological or agricultural related field.
Should you meet the above criteria, please send your current CV (not more than 3 pages) with motivating letter to Matt.Janks@andermatt-php.co.za. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.